Monday, December 22, 2008

16 things....December 22 08 edition

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.

(note...these things are NOT in order of importance or hilarity....)

1. I love crafts. Making crafts, looking at other people's crafts. Recieving crafts. Giving crafts. I do have a sneaking suspicion though that others are not quite as enthused with the crafts I give to them. This however, does not impede my craftiness. It only affirms my theory that they fail to recognize my genius. (did I mention that I am also delusional about my own crafting talent?....)
2. Things I also love: a) the colour green (except forest green, kelly green and neon green. Don't ask, I don't know why). b) Bacon, and all bacon related food products. (Oddly enough, I do not like pigs.) c) Coffee. Just a good ole' cup of coffee - no venti-low-fat-macciato-cinnamon-sprinkled-frou-frou-coffee....just coffee. d) dragonflies. If I could find a green, bacon scented, coffee-flavoured dragonfly, I believe I would be delerious.
3. I am a Christian woman. I believe that God sent his only son to live the perfect life and to ultimatly give his life as a ransom for mine. I also believe that He is God, and I am not - I am in process, not perfect. He is not done with me yet - I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be.
4. I have 3 children - 4 if you count my husband. I love them all in a special way, and though I resolutely stated that I would NEVER turn into my mother, I have to admit that I hear her words coming out of my mouth a lot. As in, too often. I bet she is snickering at this fact right now. 5. I do not eat sugar. Really, I don't eat carb-based food products. This makes carb-loading before a big 'run' a little tricky. Somehow it all works out. I do miss frenchfries though.
6. I am afraid of clowns. The first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Polterguist (sp??). Yeah, way to emotional warp a child. I can clean a nasty toilet, pick up dead animals brought to us by neighbourhood animals and clean up after a flu-ish child....but I still cannot go to a circus.
7. I am very black and white, no matter how much I try not to be. You either love me or hate me, I am ultra-productive or completely lazy, I am either running or sleeping. There really is no inbetween. This makes patience really really elusive to me. I am working on it.
8. I do crosswords, puzzles, and brain teasers for fun. And yes, I am one of those people who corrects grammatical errors on graffiti. I love number games and can remember phone numbers from my childhood. Oddly, I cannot remember the name of the person I met yesterday. But I do remember that she had 4 buttons on her shirt. And that one of them was sewn with different coloured thread. She will forever be known as odd-button-out-lady.
9. I have 11 family members that live within 5 K of my house. I still only see them a half-dozen times a year.
10. I write down a lot of the things I hear for future reference. I have (at last count) 31 full journals in my closet. They are filled with random useless information.
11. Speaking of random useless information, my hubby is the Cliff Claven of music trivia. It is annoying and amusing the amount of stuff he has crammed into his brain.
12. I am my own worst critic.
13. This year will be my 5th anniversary with my husband. I think we have surprised a lot of people. I can totally see myself growing old next to him. I say next to him because no matter how old he gets, he will always act like a teenager. The difference is that if I did that, I would be lame. When he does it, it kind of suits him. This youthful enthusiasm is a great part of why I love him so much.
14. I wish I had more time to do personal things like my nails, or my hair or exercise. My calendar fills up very quickly and 'me time' is the first thing to be cut out. I think this is all part of being a mom. So if you look at my raggedy nails and split ends, you know that I have been very very busy.
15. I believe God put me here to encourage others. I love sending notes to lift others up. Sometimes I wish I had a note...but then I get a big slobbery kiss from my 2 year old and all is well again.
16.When I was 20 and thought I knew all there was to know about everything on the planet, I never thought I would live past 30. At the rate I was going, I was probably right. I am 33 now, so every day is like a gift I never expected. Imagine how surprised I will be at my 80th birthday party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment